Saturday, April 08, 2006

I Fear, Too Early: For My Mind Misgives

Well, I'm basically one week into April. This is going to be a long, dry month.

Pshh..... I just wrote three or four paragraphs about love and then highlighted them and replaced them with this sentence. I should not try to write seriously when I'm this tired. I'll need to remember that when I'm at Purdue ;-)

Suffice to say I'm beginning to notice the effects of the phenomenon of exponential growth within my person as the years progress. At the same time, I'm becoming increasingly aware of the stablizing effect age has on my personality. Perhaps the "refining" effect would be a more appropriate nomenclature.

Of course, at the same time this is developing within me, it's manifesting itself in all the beautiful women around me.

I'm thankful I didn't get married when I was eighteen years old. It works for some people. It's not for me, though I always thought it was.

I've lived. I've loved. I've learned. I don't believe in regret. Life is, after all, yours to miss.

But He, that hath the steerage of my course,
Direct my sail! On, lusty gentlemen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i, too, am glad you didn't get married at 18. i'm glad to be one of the women around you, too. ;) i'm so glad we have kept in touch. being witness to this growth in you is great. i love you bro.

Anonymous said...

The only thing that I have to say is that you need to let go of yourself before you could ever be with anyone in that type of relationship. You are not as important to the world or anyone’s life as you think you are. Be real to yourself and the people around you and realism will come to you and then maybe you can be happy and make whomever you are with happy enough to want to be with you.

AdamNation said...

Someone needs to reanalyze his or her significance, oh clairvoyant sage. I am happy. If you're content with pessimistic "realism", it's your life to waste. I do hope it serves you well.

PS - Welcome to my blog, Charter Communications. Sign your comments.