Saturday, September 10, 2005

And Now Let's Bring on the THUNDERING HERD!

Quick post before bed, I think. I have an early morning tomorrow.

I'm reserving my season analysis and whatnot until I've seen the guys play together tomorrow. I didn't get to watch the William and Mary game last weekend as I'm several hundred miles away, but I listened to most of it online. It's just not the same. I need to see some serious chemistry tomorrow and I need it to be awe-inspiring. I realize nobody thinks we can come together this season, but I refer you to the rings to your left and remind you that nobody expected us to even be here today, threatening conference records of a number of big schools in Conference USA. Marshall football is blessed with glory divine, a program risen quite literally from the ashes of tragedy to greatness, something no other team in college football can (hopefully) ever fully understand. It doesn't matter if it happens tomorrow or not, but I guarantee you this. We will continue to rise. We are Marshall! (I say it may not happen tomorrow, but in reality, HELL YEAH it will! Give 'em hell, Herd!)


Working at the Pasta Grill is fun, it seems relatively lucrative, and it certainly feeds me well, but it's exhausting. I'm surprised I had enough fire to work out tonight before bed. I know I'm going to feel really good about that in the morning. That's my favorite benefit of exercise - the endorphins. I guess I'll always be a drug addict in one way or another.

Radiohead's O.K. Computer is the best album of the 1990's according to Pitchfork. I just finished listening to it, and I'm going to have to agree. Also, Radiohead and Muse do sound a lot alike, but with different instrumental preferences and styles. Both bands = A+, but I'm more inclined to Muse's (I believe) more advanced musicology. Whatchyou gon' play, now?

So much for a quick post. Randy, Chad, and Bobby wanted to say goodnight to all you faithful readers, and to remind you to wear Green tomorrow!

The moon climbs high into the midnight sky, a lasting tribute to the players, fans, coaches, and crew whose lives were taken from us on November 14, 1970.

No comments: