Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Round Two: FIGHT!


I'm really not an alcoholic. I know it's hard to believe, but you'll have to trust me. I had two nights off this week, and tonight, I found out what karaoke night is like at the Fox and the Hound. I also got to hang out with a lot more of my co-workers, which eventuated in a good, although likely forgotten time for all parties involved (especially this party). Tonight, I spent a lot of time with my friend Jack, which led to vocal entertainment approximately 7 times... I coudn't tell you exactly how many times I held a mic tonight, but let's assume seven is close to accurate. Obviously, since I won't be able to compose a coherent "new" post, I'm about to start round two of the week I'll never remember.... How ironic, since I won't remember writing this tomorrow, but as per Double D's request, buckle up, cuz here we go...

(Commence Part Deux)

So.... Where did we leave off? Ahh yes. It was 8:30 in the morning and Jon was swearing. Nothing new here. (The 8:30 in the morning thing, maybe...) Donovan sort of waited up for me, so he was nowhere near waking up, Saturday morning before classes started and all. Jon and I decided to head to Vienna for some waking up and catching up. I introduced him to chai, or "kai", as he initially insisted on calling it. Still, it was one of the most memorable mornings of my summer (granted, probably one of the few mornings of my summer, period...) From this point on things get a little hazy. I'm pretty sure we drove around in Donovan's 'stang for a little while, taking in the campus and visiting some old friends (the loose sense of the word...) By the time we got back to Jon's, Donovan was awake and wondering where we had gotten off to.

[If you can fill in the blanks, feel free to email me at adamnationx@yahoo.com]

I remember some excellent music followed by some beirut.... Generally speaking, I think the next day or two resembled the Safe House in many ways. Let's just leave it at that.

Next thing I know, there we are, sitting at Cafe' Hookah enjoying some fine coals.... Honey and Rose, I believe, followed by orange and something. Either way, there was a beautiful young woman waiting our table by the name of Katie with whom Donovan and I enjoyed some wonderful conversation and coal-fixing. She invited us to an electronica ("not trance!") show at the aforementioned esbatlishment that night, which we attended with Cate and Jon.... Jon, however was on the phone for the majority of the show. The guy on the boards was ok, but I wouldn't say he was better than Jon, so we mostly just enjoyed our hookah and conversation. When we finally left, Cate went home and DD, Jon and I went back to their house for some reminscence.

I may have missed a night in my recount. I'm going to consult the proper authorities and see what they think, but in the meantime, I think you've had enough Purdue-opoly for one night (wow..... that was the night after Reggaefest, right D?) Anyway, I leave you with part two of my [God knows how many] part documentary entitled "The Week I'll Never.... err.... Remember".

Until next time,

Hearts and Karaoke

(to be continued)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adam you told me to make comments on here. I dont really know what to say and I dont really have that much time before I have to go to class. Plus I have to study cause I have my first second try and Organic (I have a test). Hopefully with the tools Janelle left for me I will do much better than I did on the first test last time (which I believe was a 30%). Im ready! Call me later! I miss you roomie!