Thursday, September 01, 2005

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness



Coheed and Cambria has some of the most interestingly-named albums I've ever seen. Not that I am listening to a pirated pre-release version of the new album right now, but if I were, I would highly advise anybody who's never listened to CoCa to start doing so today, and if you are already a convert, buy this album. It's just as rockin' awesome as the rest of Coheed's albums, but they seem to have matured musically... diversified, if you will. But I'd only say that if I had just listened to it, which I clearly haven't.


I don't even know what to say right now. I suppose I could go off on some political rant or tell you all about my crazy 10-day vacation which, coincidentally, just ended today. I don't think that's what I want to talk about, though. I think I'm content to just make words appear where before there were none. As my friend Shawn recently discovered, sometimes that can be an excellent release.


All this writing has to be leading to something. Whenever I have paper and ink, graphite, blood... whatever..... the blankness of the page seems to draw me in. It's enchanting, and I've been surprising myself with the things that come out. I think my mind is gearing up to write a book; amazingly enough, it feels like it's doing that of its own accord. I don't know how to make sense of that to you people, but I suppose I don't really have to. Instead, I think I'll give you a synopsis of some of the things you can look forward to (or dread) reading here in the coming days:

  • My Letter of Resignation from Marshall University's Student Government
  • Why Nick Jo Rahall II is Unfit for Public Office and What We Can Do About It
  • The Week I'll Never... er... Remember: AKA My Trip to Purdue
  • Musings on Religion (ongoing, I hope)
  • A Full Review of the Album I've "Never Heard"
  • Marshall Football 2k5: Sweet Jesus
  • I also hope to read a book of some sort, which you'll inevitably have to hear about
I warned you from the start, this is life in the fast lane. Hop in or move the $#@! over. And yes, I took the picture.

The moon emanates silver radiance against the velvet canvas of the midnight sky.

No comments: