Friday, September 02, 2005

Benvenudo al Sogno Nostro

*sits down at computer*

*sighs in relief*

*starts to type*

Did today really just happen?

I woke up at about 7:30 this morning to the less-than-subtle Cingular tune. Heidi was calling me to talk about her shitty night, but I, the loving friend that I am, thought it best to spare her from my morning conversational "skills". So I rolled over and slept until 11.

She called back at 11:12 (because we're good ex-roommates like that) and I got the run-down, to which all I can say is that Heidi is a trooper - an excellent person by any standard, even mine.

Amid all this I was realizing that standing in the rain one fine morning in Huntington last week, I managed to contract a cold. The timing couldn't be better, since at this point I'm jobless and feeling relatively worthless aside from providing some comfort to an old friend. So I excused myself from our conversation to take a shower, fought back the sniffles with some OJ, and set off to try to remedy my unemployment.

Thirty minutes later, I had a job at a local mid-to-upscale Italian place called The Pasta Grille. It's "family"-owned an operated, which is code for.... well, nevermind... If I told you that, they'd have to kill you. Regardless, the food is astounding. There are two master chefs who started the place like seven years ago, and they like to show off their culinary genius, so if you're ever in town, they'll make whatever your heart desires. I feel extremely lucky to have found this place, especially so quickly. Life smiles upon me. I worked my first training shift tonight from 4-9:30, and I go back tomorrow at 4. Occupationation. After my shift, the owner (Chef Trent) and my FH Manager both bought had an Italian beer at the bar and I hung out with some of the regulars. And tomorrow, I get a wine sampling. What a job.

The moon has never felt so warm, caressing the sickly midnight sky.

No comments: