Friday, December 03, 2004

Ukrainian Supreme Court rules election results invalid

I must say, it's nice having a tried and true elaborate democratic electoral system established. It's also fun to watch the evolutionary process newer democracies inevitably enjoy - when the demos realizes its power to ignite change from the top down (checked by carefully implemented safeguards against majority tyranny and various other potential downfalls of democratic government), the result is a rapid drilldown toward a fully settled, intricately designed stream system of government Of the People that works For the People because it's By the People. I'm sure you've heard the words before. It looks to me like opposition candidate Viktor Yushchenko will be taking the Ukrainian crown of power as a result of their Supreme Court's ruling negating the second round of run-off voting there. The question of the day is "How would a run-off election play into the American Presidential selection process?" More on that later.

1 comment:

AdamNation said...

I haven't forgotten... I'll get around to it... Right after I finish up the semester (read: later today)