Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tech News for your Brain

(Warning: This post is rated high on the nerd scale)

I don't expect anybody to surf over to TechNews ever, so I'll go ahead and show you some stuff I thought you might be interested in.

First, for the book lovers out there, Guardian posted SurveyMonkey's top 20 geek novels of all time. Check it out. I might have to add some (or all) of these to my reaidng list at some point.

Second, and even cooler, Microsoft (for those of you who don't know) is working on a new version of Windows, codenamed Vista. There are a lot of new features, but the one that I'm all hot and bothered over is the Restart Manager. Basically, it's trying to make all those "you must now restart your computer" messages stop interrupting your computing life. It's something that's been missing from Windows since, well, forever. Trust me, this may mean nothing to you now, but some day you won't be able to remember how you lived without it.

That is all.

No comments: