Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Just Keeping In Touch

Big things are happening in the world. I don't really have time to talk about them, but to give you some examples, President Bush has nominated one of his advisors to fill Sandra Day's seat, and the woman has never sat on a bench before. I'll have to read up on this before I condemn it, but it wouldn't really be condemnation anyway. Rather, concern for the upcoming confirmation battle she's going to face. In other news, Shelley Moore Capito has decided not to attempt to oust Senator Byrd. Instead, she'll seek another term as West Virginia's 2nd District Representative to the US House. I have mixed feelings on this as well. It seems like she may be trying to do the Party a favor, but it also seems like a cop out.... Why wait until after Byrd announced to back out? That weakens the GOP if anything. I'll have to think about that one for a while before I jump off the fence. Let's see..... I haven't mentioned Tom Delay at all on here, but I'll write a post about that as soon as I get a chance. My favorite headline for the day, for those of you who don't know, is that I got another job. I start tomorrow evening at Express for Men. Clothing retail heading into the holidays. Oh boy. We'll see how it goes, and I'll try to let you know about that as well. My schedule is filling up pretty quickly, and I won't hesitate to cut back on my blogging to allow for more productive engagements, but I do have a weakness for the internet, so don't expect me to fall off the WWW just yet ;-)

Current projects:
  • Waiting tables at the Pasta Grill
  • Selling clothes at Express (starting tomorrow)
  • Getting in ridiculously good shape (Like you don't even know)
  • Teaching myself to play the guitar (I'm actually well past GCD now!)
  • Re-learning Calculus (back to the basics, boys)
  • Let's just call this one exercising my political muscles ;-)
  • There is one more, but I choose not to share it with you fine individuals. It's mine.

1 comment:

AdamNation said...

I think I posted a reply here but that it got erased at the same time as some post I wrote a few days ago mysteriously disappeared. Oh well.... That was an excellent point, Adam.... If I had done my homework, I would've known this already..... Thank you for commenting :)